I prepared this material for a presentation this week at the Northwest Regional Conference for…
This week we’re proud to be hosting Greg Boos, Margaret Stock, and Heather Fathali of Cascadia Cross-Border Law to discuss legal advocacy at U.S. ports of entry. Based in Bellingham, Washington, their frequently represents travelers in complex matters at the nearby Canada-U.S. crossings. With the limited procedural rights afforded travelers at ports of entry, this is an especially nuanced area of immigration law advocacy.
This post will be updated on February 16, 2017 with a recording of Greg and Heather’s webinar.
- Redacted Appeal – Cascadia Cross-Border Law.
- Redacted letter to CBP re return of green card after I-407.
- TN Adjudications.
- Redacted DHS TRIP and CBP response.
- Border Searches Under the 4th Amendment.
- Matter of Wood BIA
- Inspection of Electronic Documents.
- Digital Border Searches After Riley v. California.
- Smith CA9 Boos Amicus Brief.
- Department of Homeland Security Privacy Impact Assessment Border Searches of Electronic Devices.
- Reasserting the Right to Representation in Immigration Matters Arising at Ports of Entry.
- The Constitution in the 100-Mile Border Zone _ American Civil Liberties Union.
- Admission Issues for Canadian Visitors
- ACLU Factsheet on Customs and Border Protection’s 100-Mile Zone _ American Civil Liberties Union.
- General Information about DUI,DWI Arrests of Nonimmigrant Aliens.
- Up in Smoke.
- Immigration and State Legalization of Marijuana (Railton Corrin Sullivan).
- Admissibility and Marijuana.
- LaFluer Letter re Approved IV Petition and Immigrant Intent.
- An AILA podcast on visa revocation regarding DUIs is available to AILA members. It may be downloaded for free on Agora under “2016-05-POD_DOS_Update”. The relevant discussion begins around 21:40.