Understanding the New DHS Rule on Public Charge Inadmissibility
This article summarizes the new Department of Homeland Security rule governing public charge inadmissibility. The article covers:
- Who is impacted by the new rule.
- What public benefit programs create problems for immigrants.
- The new multi-factor public charge test.
- The “heavily weighted” positive and negative factors.
- The new Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency.
- Public charge bonds.
- Suggestions for how law firms should respond to the new rule.
There are no reviews yet.