- This event has passed.
Understanding marriage visas (I-130, DS-260, IR-1 & CR-1)
July 5, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
The marriage-based immigration process can be extremely daunting. Get started on the right path with a one-hour overview of the process. Learn from an experienced immigration lawyer about what to expect, and how to avoid common pitfalls.
Our webinar will cover:
- Yes, it is possible to do your own marriage-based visa.
- How long will the process take, and how expensive is it?
- Are you eligible to apply? Know before you start!
- Step (1) – Preparing the I-130 petition.
- How do you prove a “bona fide” marriage?
- Step (2) – The DS-260 and National Visa Center (NVC)
- Preparing an error-free I-864, Affidavit of Support.
- Step (3) – The consular visa interview.
- After visa approval.
- What happens if your visa is denied?
- Audience questions and answers.
This event is offered free of charge by Sound Immigration.Our easy-to-use webinar platform allows you to participate is this event without downloading any special software. Prior to the event you will receive an email with a web link. At the scheduled time all you need to do is click on the link in your favorite web browser.
Audience members will be able to ask questions in real time through a chat interface. We will do our best to answer as many of these questions as possible during the event. If we can’t get to all questions we will post a follow-up Q&A on our website.
Who should attend?
This webinar is for couples who are planning to start the marriage-based visa process. Note that we will not be addressing adjustment of status. The webinar will address scenario’s where the foreign spouse is currently outside of the U.S. and wishing to obtain a marriage-based visa.
About the speaker
Greg McLawsen is the managing attorney of Sound Immigration, a law firm serving clients worldwide. Selected a Super Lawyer Rising Star in the field of immigration, Greg’s firm focuses on helping families immigrate to the United States. Active in the leadership of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Greg is a regular speaker at law seminars. Greg has written articles for numerous national law journals and is the author of a forthcoming book for the American Bar Association, Immigration Law for the Family Law Practitioner.