- This event has passed.
Advanced I-864 Issues
August 31, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Few immigration forms are as perpetually vexing as the I-864 Affidavit of Support. In this advanced webinar we will address important topics including:
- Common errors that cause rejection of the Form I-864.
- Meeting income requirements with non-standard income.
- The state of case law concerning the enforceability of the I-864.
- Ethical best practices in joint/co-sponsor I-864s.
Who should attend?
- Any attorney practicing family-based immigration.
- Newer immigration attorneys unfamiliar with the I-864.
About the presenter
Greg McLawsen is the managing attorney of Sound Immigration. Greg frequently speaks locally and nationally on topics including immigration, law practice management and legal ethics. He has published extensively on topics relating to the I864 Affidavit of Support. Greg’s writings have appeared in Benders Immigration Bulletin, the Immigration Law and Procedure treatise, and numerous bar journals. Greg Chairs the Solo and Small Practice Section of the Washington State Bar Association, and is the law practice and technology chair of AILA’s Washington State Chapter.