Employment-Based Immigration Lawyer
I love collaborating with international professionals, investors, experts, and families as they pursue their dreams in America. I also understand the immigrant experience on a personal level. My wife is a naturalized U.S. citizen, and I lived abroad in Israel for 8 years – studying, working and starting a family. I know what it means to build a life in another country and the hard work and determination it takes to succeed along that path.
I focus on business immigration, assisting public and private growth companies and entrepreneurs with relocation strategies for bringing talented workers to the United States on a temporary and permanent basis. To give you a flavor of my practice, here are some of the types of problems I help clients solve on a regular basis:
- Helping investors/entrepreneurs develop effective relocation strategies & apply for appropriate work visas;
- Strategic planning and advice regarding the immigration consequences of corporate restructuring (mergers and acquisitions/joint ventures, etc.);
- Strategic planning and advice for transfer of expert personnel through the blanket L visa program;
- Guiding employers through H-1B sponsorship & compliance;
- Helping employers and HR departments navigate I-9 verification compliance issues.
- Assisting employers with PERM labor certification processes and compliance issues.
I offer my clients broad corporate and business immigration law experience from a big law firm, the legal department of a multinational high-technology corporation, and boutique immigration practices in both the U.S. and Middle East. Before founding my own law firm, I previously practiced at a boutique Seattle immigration firm. During law school, I worked as an in-house immigration paralegal at Microsoft, juggling the challenges of career, evening law studies, and raising three young children with my heroic wife. After completing my studies, I gained a solid foundation for representing corporations and other businesses by practicing corporate law at the Seattle office of an international law firm, where I handled general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, securities matters, corporate finance transactions and U.S. export control regulatory matters.
- Advenienz Legal PLLC (Founder & Principal Attorney)
- MacDonald Hoague & Bayless (Associate)
- Dorsey & Whitney (Associate)
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D. (magna cum laude; Law Review)
- UCLA, B.A. English & Latin (cum laude. Alumni Scholar)
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rothberg International School (graduate courses in Hebrew, Arabic and Middle East area studies)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) – including Rome District Chapter.
- President & Member of Board of Directors, Wayfind (www.wayfindlegal.org).
- Advisory Board Member, HOPE worldwide – Seattle Chapter (www.hopeww.org/seattle)
- King County Bar Association‐Young Lawyers Division liaison to stakeholder planning group for the Moderate Means Program of the Washington State Bar Association.
- Administrative Director & Board Member of non‐profit organization registered in Israel.
- Regional Representative in Israel for charitable organization (HOPE worldwide Ltd.).
- Comment, A Choice That Leaves No Choice: Unconstitutional Coercion Under Real ID, 32 SEATTLE U. L. REV. 231 (2008).